Celebrating Lexington’s Farming Heritage – Photo Contest
One photo will be judged to be “Best of Show” and awarded $100
All winners will be announced and displayed on September 22 at the LexFarm tent during the Country Fair.
See below for a map of farm gateway locations, Click on each photo icon for a brief description of the farm.
1. Photos must be digital submissions with a resolution of 3 megapixels or higher and may be either black-and-white or color. The photo has to fit within the dimensions: 8×10.
2. Permitted Image Modifications:
Digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
Images may be cropped, sharpened, color corrected or enhanced as long as the “natural” appearance is maintained. Drastic altering of colors, saturation and manipulation is discouraged. Judges will have the final say.
What Is NOT Permitted:
No watermarks, signatures or copyright notices. No artistic filters. No adding or replacing elements. Significant changes that affect the natural appearance or image are not permitted. Judges will have the final say.
3. Any identifiable persons in the submitted photo(s) must give consent to their inclusion, and must not be identifiable by name in the photo (eg. last name on their clothing).
4. Limit of 1 photo per farm per individual (5 maximum). Any given photo may be submitted only once (no duplicates in multiple categories). The submitter or entrant must be the photographer and your submission is our guarantee that you are the photographer and/or copyright holder of the photo.
5. All photographs must be taken from public property to qualify. In the case of public property that is leased privately for farming (Waltham St. Farm and Busa Farm), photographs must be taken from perimeter edges, paths or public ways, and not from within the growing fields. In the case of private property (Wilson Farm and Wright Farm), photographs must be taken from public property only.
6. Photos should be submitted by email to [email protected]
The submission(s) must include the following information:
If there are any problems sending the photo, then send an email with an explanation to the same address.
Entrants grant LexFarm permission to post their submission on the LexFarm.org website and to print copies for display in multiple public venues in Lexington if granted “Best in Show,” First Place, or Honorable Mention. Any submission which does not follow the Contest Rules will not be considered.
LexFarm reserves the right to publish the photo with proper acknowledgement of the photographer in promotional materials (including calendars or notecards) unless requested not to do so in writing by the photographer.
We look forward to celebrating
Lexington’s Farming Heritage through YOUR photos!