Thank You for a Very Successful Year of Fundraising!
We are delighted to announce that thanks to the generosity of our members and donors, $106,700 was raised in our 2015 annual appeal! We appreciate the support and participation from over 350 member households!!
Of that, $53,700 covered items on the organization’s operating budget. Your donations allowed us to accomplish so many things in 2015:
- Start restoring our fields to health by spending approximately $18,000 on field enhancements
- Continue offering CSA shares despite keeping 1/2 of the farm fallow
- Invest in the improvement of the farm buildings, hoop houses, and retail equipment
- Reach over 500 children and adults through its education and volunteer programs and hundreds of area residents who attend events and shop at the farm stand.
- Donate 5,371 lbs or $11,336 worth of produce reaching many families in need, through donations of produce to Lexington Food Pantry, Lovin’ Spoonfuls, Boston Area Gleaners and Fresh Truck.
In addition, we would like to express our enormous thanks to the Willow Tree Fund for a capital gift of $53,000. This very generous donation will allow us to purchase much-needed farming equipment and make energy-efficient improvements to the farm stand and greenhouses, together going a very long way toward making the farm operation self-sustaining.
We are all looking forward to an exciting 2016 and being able to do even more for our community in the years ahead, thanks to everyone involved!
The Lexington Community Farm Board