NOTE: 2022 CSA Summer & Fall shares are sold out. This page is only for information about our 2022 CSA offering. Even if you aren’t a CSA shareholder, you can still enjoy LexFarm’s wonderful produce by visiting our farm stand this summer. We hope to see you there!
Sign up for our newsletter. During the season, the newsletter comes out weekly and lists the produce for sale in the farm stand. The newsletter will also announce when the CSA goes on sale next year.Signup for our Newsletter
2022 CSA Details
LexFarm Organic Summer CSA
(20-week or 10-week)
Our Summer CSA runs for 20 weeks from June to October. Exact dates are TBD and are based on early spring conditions. We typically start the 1st or 2nd week of June.
We offer two options:
- 20-week share: Pickup your share EVERY week of the season.
- 10-week share: Pickup your share EVERY OTHER week of the season. (Your weeks will be assigned when we announce the start date of the CSA.)
Shares are picked up at the Lexington Community Farm stand at 52 Lowell St, Lexington, MA. This year’s share will include produce grown mostly at Lexington Community Farm with the remainder supplied by other local, certified organic farms. Working with other farms allows us to offer more shares and more variety to those shares, while also allowing us to take better care of our soils.
All of the produce in the CSA is certified organic. We offer a wide variety of vegetables and a few fruits, an educational and fun Pick-Your-Own experience, and weekly newsletters with recipe ideas. Each week we strive to include an allium (onion/garlic family), fresh eating greens, cooking greens, herbs and bulkier veggies to round out your meals.
The Summer CSA includes our “FarmBucks” program to provide additional variety or volume to weekly shares. FarmBucks can be used to purchase any seedling or produce for sale in the farm stand during the 2022 Summer CSA season.
- 20-week shareholders receive $70 in FarmBucks
- 10-week shareholders receive $35 in FarmBucks
FarmBucks EXPIRE at the end of the 2022 Summer CSA season. No exceptions.
All Summer CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Household (or higher level) Membership.
LexFarm Organic Flower CSA
- CSA Flower Shares consist of pick-your-own bouquets averaging 20 stems per week for 12 consecutive weeks.
- We plant celosia, snapdragons, rudbeckia, sunflowers, cosmos, marigolds, zinnias, statice, ageratum, gomphrena, strawflower, and more!
- Start date will be announced later, but historically flowers are ready to pick in mid-July.
All Flower CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Individual (or higher level) Membership.
LexFarm Organic Fall CSA
- Four biweekly pickups in November and December
- Fall pickups are larger than weekly summer shares as a majority will be storage crops, and it’s meant to be for two weeks instead of one!
All Fall CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Household (or higher level) Membership.
HOW THE LEXFARM CSA WORKS:
- Sign up online. Pay by credit card when you signup or mail a check. Checks must be received within one week to reserve your share.
- (Summer Shares Only) Select your Pickup Option when you sign up. We offer two pick up days/week in each Option to give you some degree of flexibility week to week. There are only 100 of each option available.
- Option 1: Wednesday afternoons 2 pm-7 pm and Thursday afternoons 2 pm-7 pm
- Option 2: Friday afternoons 2 pm-7 pm and Saturdays 9 am-2 pm
- (Fall Shares Only) We offer two pickup days for the Fall Share. You may come during either pick up day without telling us which day you will come
- Friday 12 pm-5 pm
- Saturday 9 am-2 pm
- You will receive an email announcing the start date of the CSA as soon as our farmers decide.
- (Summer and Fall Shares Only) On your pick up day, come to the farm to get your share!
- Pick Your Own: (Summer Shares and Flower Shares Only) You may harvest your Pick-Your-Own crops or flowers for the week, as specified each week at the farm stand, during CSA distribution hours: Wednesdays 2-7 pm, Thursdays 2-7 pm, Fridays 2-7 pm, and Saturdays 9am-2pm. ALL PYO WILL be closed in the case of thunderstorms, and cherry tomato PYO will be closed in the case of rain. (Common tomato diseases are spread more easily when leaves are wet.) Please check our Facebook page or call our farm stand (781-862-7247) for updates.
It is our goal to provide produce equaling 110% of your investment as an incentive for supporting us early in the season when we need capital to purchase seeds and other necessary supplies for the upcoming season.
|20 Week Summer CSA
|10 Week Summer CSA
($156 + $9.75 sales tax)
In 2022, we have a limited number of subsidized shares available to SNAP recipients. Please send email to [email protected] for more information about the subsidy program, availability, and to sign up. Do not use the online signup form for subsidized shares.
If you are signing up for the Summer CSA before March 1, you may pay in two installments. Half of the payment is due when you sign up, and the balance is due by April 1. Fall and Flower Shares must be paid in full at signup.
Payments can be made by check or credit card. Credit card transactions will include a small fee to cover processing costs. Payments by check must be received within one week of signing up to reserve your share.
The Flower CSA is subject to a Sales Tax of 6.25% as reflected in the pricing shown above.
We strive to make our CSA shares available to everyone in our community. In cases of financial hardship, contact [email protected] for alternate payment plan options.
SIGN UP AND MEMBERSHIP:
LexFarm is a membership organization. Purchasing a CSA share is a benefit of LexFarm membership. Membership fees support our mission around food access, education and outreach to all members of the community.
For Summer or Fall CSA shares, each participating household must hold a 2022 LexFarm membership at the Household level or higher. Flower CSA shareholders must hold a 2022 LexFarm membership at the Individual level or higher. Note: If you donated during our year-end appeal (after 11/1/21) your donation also went towards membership. If you aren’t sure of your membership status, please email [email protected] to inquire.
If you need to renew or you are not already a 2022 LexFarm member, you can add membership to your order on the CSA signup form.
If you are splitting your share with another family, both families must have 2022 LexFarm memberships at the Household level or higher.