2020 CSA Details
LexFarm Organic Summer CSA
(20-week or 10-week)
Our Summer CSA runs for 20 weeks from June to October. Exact dates TBD and are based on early spring conditions. Historically we start the 1st or 2nd week of June
We offer two options:
- 20-week share: Pickup your share EVERY week of the season.
- 10-week share: Pickup your share EVERY OTHER weeks of the season. (Your weeks will be assigned when we announce the start date of the CSA.)
Shares are picked up at the Lexington Community Farm stand at 52 Lowell St, Lexington, MA. This year’s share will include mostly Lexington Community Farm-grown produce with the remainder supplied by Picadilly Farm in Winchester, NH. Our partnership with Picadilly has allowed us offer more shares and improve our soil by buying in crops that demand large acreages and crops prone to pests and disease that have accumulated on our farm.
All of the produce in the CSA is certified organic. We offer a wide variety of vegetables and a few fruits, an educational and fun Pick-Your-Own experience, and weekly newsletters with recipe ideas. We offer staple vegetables you are likely familiar with (ie: lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots) as well as exciting new ones (ie: Green Zebra heirloom tomatoes, French breakfast radishes).
The Summer CSA includes our Farmbucks program to provide additional variety or volume to weekly shares. FarmBucks can be used on any seedling or produce for sale in the farm stand. FarmBucks expire at the end of the 2020 Summer CSA season
- 20 week shareholders receive $70 in FarmBucks
- 10 week shareholders receive $35 in FarmBucks
All Summer CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Household (or higher level) Membership.
LexFarm Organic Flower CSA
- CSA Flower Shares consist of pick-your-own bouquets averaging 20 stems per week for 12 consecutive weeks.
- We plant celosia, snapdragons, rudbeckia, sunflowers, cosmos, marigolds, zinnias, statice, ageratum, gomphrena, strawflower, and more!
- Start date will be announced later, but last year, flowers were ready to pick in mid-July.
All Flower CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Individual (or higher level) Membership.
LexFarm Organic Fall CSA (SOLD OUT for 2020)
- Four biweekly pickups in November and December
- Fall pickups are larger than weekly summer shares as a majority will be storage crops, and it’s meant to be for two weeks instead of one!
All Fall CSA shareholders must hold a LexFarm Household (or higher level) Membership.
HOW THE LEXFARM CSA WORKS:
- Sign up online and pay (or make your first payment, if applicable) within one week by check or credit card.
- (Summer Shares Only) Select your Pickup Option when you sign up. We offer two pick up days/week in each Option to give you some degree of flexibility week to week. There are only 100 of each option available.
- Option 1: Wednesday afternoons 1 pm-6 pm and Thursday afternoons 3 pm-7 pm
- Option 2: Friday afternoons 1 pm-6 pm and Saturdays 9 am-1 pm
(Fall Shares Only) We offer two pickup days for the Fall Share. You may come during either pick up day without telling us which day you will come.
- Friday 1 pm-5 pm
- Saturday 10 am-4 pm
- You will receive an email announcing the start date of the CSA as soon as our farmers decide.
- (Summer and Fall Shares Only) On your pick up day, come to the farm to get your share! Shareholders fill their own bags or boxes with specified quantities of vegetables from the display. This allows you to choose which vegetables to take home, and to make your own choice when our farmers provide multiple options.
- Pick Your Own: (Summer Shares and Flower Shares Only) You may harvest your Pick-Your-Own crops or flowers for the week, as specified each week at the farm stand, during any time that our farm stand is open. 2020 Summer Farm Stand Hours are: Wednesdays 1-6pm, Thursdays 3-7pm, Fridays 1-6 pm, and Saturdays 9am-4pm. We may close our fields when weather presents a challenge to our customers or crops. Please check our Facebook page or call our farm stand (781-862-7247) for updates.
Ready to signup?
It is our goal to provide produce equaling 115% of your investment as an incentive for supporting us early in the season when we need capital to purchase seeds and other necessary supplies for the upcoming season. We’re offering some price breaks for signing up and paying early so we can shift our focus from marketing and payment collection to growing as early as possible.
|Option||Early Bird Price
(must pay by March 1)
(After March 1)
|20 Week Summer CSA||$625||$645|
|10 Week Summer CSA||$340||$350|
|Option||Early Bird Price
(must pay by May 1)
|Regular Price (After May 1)|
($120 + $7.50 sales tax)
($130 + $8.13 sales tax)
Early Bird Pricing! The early bird pricing only applies if you fully pay for your share before the specified dates. If you haven’t paid by the deadline, regular pricing will apply.
If you are signing up for the Summer CSA before March 1, you may pay in two installments. Half of the payment is due when you sign up, and the balance is due by March 1 (for early bird pricing) or by April 1, 2020 (for regular pricing). Fall and Flower Shares must be paid in full at signup.
We strive to make our CSA shares available to everyone in our community. In cases of financial hardship, contact [email protected] for alternate payment plan options.
Payments can be made by check or credit card. Credit card transactions will include a small fee to cover processing costs. Payments by check must be received within one week of signing up to reserve your share.
The Flower CSA is subject to a Sales Tax of 6.25% as reflected in the pricing shown above.
SIGN UP AND MEMBERSHIP:
LexFarm is a membership organization. Purchasing a CSA share is a benefit of LexFarm membership. Membership fees support our mission around food access and education.
For Summer or Fall CSA shares, each participating household must hold a 2020 LexFarm membership at the Household level or higher. Flower CSA shareholders must hold a 2020 LexFarm membership at the Individual level or higher. Note: If you donated during our year-end appeal (after 11/1/19) your donation also went towards membership. If you aren’t sure of your membership status, please email [email protected] to inquire.
If you need to renew or you are not already a 2020 LexFarm member, you can fill out the membership form here after you fill out the CSA signup form. If you are paying by check, please be sure to send us your membership payment along with your CSA payment.
If you are splitting your share with another family, both families must have 2020 LexFarm memberships at the Household level or higher.